(Possibly) Pointless International Days

Good morning! Quick question: is everyone else embracing the cooler weather?? I'm loving it- in fact, when it first rained, we all danced outside (and our neighbours literally started cheering).

Anyway, I haven't written anything for ages (mostly because I don't go outside and nothing interesting ever happens to me) and I'm procrastinating from editing my novel (oops).

What day is it today? 30th July means the birthday of one of my best friends! Shout out to her- have a great day!

Today is also International Friendship Day, and National Cheesecake Day in the USA. To be honest, as much as I love cheesecake, I feel that International Friendship Day is ever so slightly more important.

It must be nice to have your birthday on Friendship Day. I have National Mason Jar Day, National Mousse Day, and National Meth Awareness Day (why is this even a thing). Of course, it is also St. Andrew's Day, but whatever.

Yesterday was Global Tiger Day, raising awareness for tiger conservation. Obviously, this is more important than celebrating cheesecake (or meth) and I must admit that I'm kinda sad that I missed writing about it properly.

I love tigers. 🐯 I've adopted a tiger through WWF for a few years in a row now.

When I was at primary school, in Year 4 (I think), I actually ran an assembly to raise awareness of animal conservation. Our 'Healthy Eating' club (not much to do with healthy eating) did a load of activities for Earth Day, and I made a load of leaflets to ask people to adopt animals. We made a plan for Earth Day and everything (involving turning off lights and saving energy).

I've always been good at leading people.

The quote today is by Ralph Waldo Emerson, about friends (duh): "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them"

Go and thank your friends for being wonderful, and don't forget to subscribe (please)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?