Most Miles I've Travelled

Hello again- wow I haven't written anything for so long. So, this post today is a prompt from Pinterest (I actually have a board for Blog Prompts when I need to write something and I don't know what to write).

And so today's prompt is: The furthest away from home you have ever been
Answer: Switzerland 


Switzerland is pretty awesome, with beautiful views (the picture is one of the most impressive pictures that I took) and wonderful food. However, I get pretty badly travel sick, and so spent the journey sleeping/trying not to vomit.

Yay.

But no. Switzerland was stunning. Waterfalls (the picture is of a waterfall, in case you didn't realise), gorges, mountains (with snow on top!) and a (really loud) river next to our chalet.

In Switzerland, they speak German, French or Italian depending on the section of the country that you're in, and we visited the German section. I don't speak German (at all) but I knew enough to say thank you/please/hello etc.

One day, after a hot day filled with walking, we stopped off at a shop to buy ice cream. Even though the area was German, they understand Italian (which I'm teaching myself) and French (which I'm doing at GCSE), as well as bits of English.

However, when I went to thank a man for letting me go in front of him in the queue, I didn't say thank you in any of these languages.

For some reason, my brain panicked and I said thank you in Spanish.

Spanish.

That was the weirdest thing I have literally ever done. He just kinda grinned at me as my friend started laughing, but I think he understood what I meant. At least, I hope he did...

Where's the furthest you've ever been away from home? Did you enjoy it?

Today's quote is from Ann Beattie: "People forget years and remember moments"

Create some moments/memories this summer, and don't forget to wear suncream!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?