Old Friends, Tea, Cake, and Cards

Hello! We had our Sponsored Walk today, so I've walked about 8 miles and eaten far too much sugar, but a cup of Earl Grey Tea has solved all my problems (apart from, perhaps, my need for real food).

ALSO: I've suddenly had 42 page views today?!? Welcome, all of you!! Have you subscribed...? 😂

There should be a post coming soon with an actual recipe! (Are you excited?) It's the recipe for the Lemon and Raspberry cake that I made for my friend's 16th birthday. I felt very bake-off, designing it all out and then forming my own cake. So look out for that post, coming soon.

At school yesterday, we had a half day, and two of my friends came round (one to see the new house, the other to see it again). We went for a walk in the woods that live near our house, and I must admit that I got some pretty awesome pictures. Some of them look rather creepy, like the one of my sister just standing between some trees in the distance, and some of them were pretty cool, like one of my friends and my sister looking like a band (a grunge band, according to my aunt....)

Then we sat in our dining room and played cards while drinking (the best) afternoon tea (it's the best because it's Whittards, and that's very expensive) and eating some cake.

I mean, who wouldn't love that? (Although, the card game got rather violent at some points...)

But it felt (slightly) as if we were in a tea room in Victorian England, discussing the world with our fellow young men (even though none of us are men) and listening to the popular music of the time (we were also not doing this either).

Quote of this post: "Where there's tea, there's hope". Arthur Wing Pinero really knew what he was talking about.

Anyway, au revoir for now! x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?