Spread The Love

So, I've only had two days of exams and I'm already completely exhausted. I'm not even that stressed about the actual exams/grades and stuff, it's just that doing exams wiped you out both mentally and emotionally.

But Thursday, I'll be a mess. 😢

But that's not for a few days now, and I'm sure that you have some knowledge of how you feel during exam season! It's such fun, isn't it?

However, as delightful as this topic is, that's not what I actually wanted to talk about in this post. And the next thing that I'm going to say is not the main topic either (not that I actually say anything- it's you who is reading this in your head, with that weird little voice).

Next thing (on the list of things): 'THE FORGOTTEN ONES' WILL BE PUBLISHED IN 25 DAYS!

That's Saturday 15th December, by the way. For regular reminders, like my Facebook page (@larahagger) and/or follow my Instagram page (@lara.h258).

Make sure that you also subscribe to my blog, because I may be releasing an extract closer to the date...

Anyway! On with the actual post- which is actually a lot sadder.

In Christian Union yesterday, we were talking about charity, and the subject got onto the homeless. The adult in there (who makes sure that we don't break stuff) has started up this thing where he goes into town and hands out packages containing things for the homeless (like socks or deodorant). He told us about this guy who was 19, and it was his first day on the streets. He'd been kicked out, and was planning to go to the authorities to ask for help.

Apparently, the reality is that he will not be able to get immediate help and he will be on the streets for at least another month.

I'm not telling you to go out and talk to homeless people, but maybe think about them a bit more? Consider donating to a charity that helps homeless people, maybe, or pray for them if you're religious? And also watch 'A Street Cat Named Bob'. That makes you think.

Just...as it's nearing Christmas, spare a thought for those who can't get warm, or can't eat. Spread the love, guys. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?