Life Is A Busy Thing (Much Like The Streets Of New York)

Man, I haven't written anything for ages. Sorry about that. Everything's been a bit busy, I guess, and today has been no exception.

Last week, I went on a tour of some castles with my mum (in the fast car!) which was awesome, and also I now have four more bookmarks to add to my (hefty) collection.

We went to Raglan Castle, which is in ruins but was still pretty impressive (mum hated all the stairs which was quite amusing). Then we travelled to Ludlow Castle the next day (I know a lot more about this castle, as Arthur Tudor and Catherine of Aragon lived here from their marriage to Arthur's untimely death). Ludlow is also a ruin, but by this time we'd got pretty good at working out where floors and ceilings were, and even picturing things.

Day 3 was a visit to Sudeley Castle, where Catherine Parr and Thomas Seymour (whom I know a lot about due to my book) lived after Henry VIII's death. The gardens were lovely, but as there is still a family living in the castle, only parts of it were open to the public.

On the last day, we visited Canons Ashby on the way back home, which is a still-standing house, so we could walk around it. Some of the rooms were a bit jarring, because bits of the Elizabethan house have been mingled with the Victorian stuff- the fireplace, for instance, was bizarre.

Then we drove back home, speeding down the motorway blaring 'Bat Out Of Hell' and I honestly thought that the car should have been on fire. Even if we weren't playing Queen.

Yesterday, we had a church party, which was lovely and I got to speak to lots of people outside of church, but it was also geared towards the many old people in the room. It wasn't boring, per se, but I definitely felt my age.

And today, I've managed to finally bin all my school stuff! I kept revision guides (to give to my sister or her friends) and my Add Maths book (because I'm doing Maths next year and there might be some good notes in my book), but everything else went in the bin.

Why did I keep my planner from Year 9? Or my very very old Spanish books? Or a random script from Drama?

Who knows.

So I have had a fairly productive day today. Hopefully, tomorrow will be just as productive (especially as there are things that I was supposed to do today that I haven't done yet) but what is life apart from constant new beginnings?

There's a phrase to remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?