I can feel my sanity start to unwind...

Hey everyone! Welcome back to my blog (it's been a while, right?) and for those newcomers, also welcome for the first time.

Have I done anything recently? Indeed I have, my dear readers. On Friday, I went to a party with my friends, which was loud but fairly enjoyable. It was fancy dress as well, so I wore the flapper dress that my mum used to have and looked beautiful, if I do say so myself.

Mostly this weekend I've been doing homework (and procrastinating on reading Persepolis for English because I hate graphic novels with a burning passion since the disaster that was Year 4 forced reading) and also I've watched the entire first season of 'The Politician' on Netflix with my sister. That's fun. It's a great programme, the right amount of funny and sad. And, of course, Ben Platt is an amazing singer.

I remembered to write this post because it's the beginning of National Novel Writing Month (NaNo), or, at least, Friday was. It lasts the entirety of November and the aim is for writers to write 50,000 words over the 30 days. That's 1667 words a day (roughly) and I've done it once, two years ago. My story this month is an almost satire of Victorian gothic horror. Think 'The Woman in White' or 'Wuthering Heights', if you've read either of these.

Oh, if you want to check it out (and maybe join, even a few days late?) this is the NaNo site. It's a new, updated version, so I should warn you that some of the features are a bit iffy, but if you do join then please let me know! I would be glad to do it with you :)

So that's my update for today. I know that this is pretty short, and I'm sorry, but I can't really think of anything else to write about for now. I promise that I'll do some sort of political/social problem post at some point because I actually really enjoy writing/researching those, but I don't have quite enough time at the moment.

Good luck with whatever is going on with you at the moment, and have a great next week!

(By the way, the title is a lyric from the song 'Ease My Mind' by Ben Platt)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?