New updates and new friends (plants)

 Good morning/afternoon/evening! I'm not even going to guess how long it's been since I last published a post. And then, when I was going to write one today, I remembered that Feedburner (the google system I use to track subscribers and that sends out the emails finding their way into your inbox) is dying so I had to change everything over to another site. The new site is great: it's slick and helpful and so much better than Feedburner (which didn't seem to have been updated since it was first created) BUT it did involve a lot of messing around with HTML codes and playing around with the useless Blogger settings.

Hopefully, it is now all sorted out (although I'm still wanting to add the subscribe button to the main home page as well as in the sidebar). Oh, and for subscribers, it should be more of a newsletter system because I had to pay to get the whole sending an email whenever I post - as I don't post much, it shouldn't affect you at all :)

Anyway. Moving away from the technical stuff. There is a lot of exciting news to share today. Firstly, I've finished sixth form now! Yes, my journey of year 12 and year 13 is over and done with (even if my friends who do a-levels are still at school and are currently doing internally assessed exams). Basically, the IB offered up different pathways depending on whether or not the country had cancelled other exams and, as a-levels were cancelled, IB exams have been cancelled as well in the UK. Furthermore, IB grades are being assessed on teacher predictions and coursework which is why we don't have the big tests that a-level people are currently doing. It seems that doing the IB has finally resulted in less stress.

So what does this mean for university plans? Well, my firm choice is the University of York and my insurance is the University of Southampton (both to study history/english dual for four years) and now I'm just waiting for results day (sometime in July I think). I've applied for student finance (really easy tbh) and for accommodation (this took forever because I had to work out what the differences were between all the different types of room and place but I eventually managed it). I shall endeavour to keep you updated.

In other 'news', my room now has three plants. Three plants that are all still alive. This is a miracle, in my opinion.

I have Asmodeus from my sister, who's a big plant in a bee pot. Then there's Magnus (a cutting from Mum's bigger plant, Malcolm, and my sisters also have their own cuttings) and Alexander (who was tiny and now is pretty big).

Alexander is on the left, Magnus on the right


Fun fact of the post: a group of hedgehogs is called an array. Which is adorable.


That's it for now, folks! Have a good day and don't forget to subscribe if you haven't already :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?