Steam trains move slowly but surely

Hello :)

Those of you who know me well will probably have listened to at least one rant about feminism, especially after having studied Invisible Women by Caroline Criado-Perez in English. And those of you who have also read this wonderful book will (hopefully) be joining me in ranting. One of the parts of this book discusses women's health and medicine, and how the concept of the default male (a major concept throughout the entire book) prevents women's health issues from being properly understood and treated.

There were many parts of the book that made me so angry that I had to put it down and just stare into the distance. It was probably quite a good thing that we were studying it, because it meant that I only had to read a few chapters at a time and so the anger wasn't building up

BUT, the revolution is here! Slowly, it comes, like a steam train. One of the parts of the revolution concerns actually listening to and collecting data on women's health so... 

Please fill in this survey because it's super important to get more research done into women's health and the more people who fill out this survey, the better. I got the link from Caroline Criado-Perez's newsletter/email thingy (which I would also urge you to follow and read) and I'm aware that I have nowhere near as many people reading my own blog, but it's always good to spread the word right?

Also, just buy and read Invisible Women. I could talk for ages about how it's been written to appeal to all audiences, or how the tone and statistics work together to create the argument (in my defence, I did actually analyse an extract for my Individual Oral exam so it's a good thing that I can do this and not at all sad). The number of people who have borrowed my copy to read is only less than the number of people who have read my copy of 'The Hunt' series (which is so many) and I'm sure that they can all attest to the importance of reading IW.

I did not mean to write a blog post today, so you can thank Caroline Criado Perez's email for this post and also have a good day :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?