Something to Make You Cry

Basically, I was recently doing work experience (as you may know) and I came across the term 'rainbow baby'.

A rainbow baby is a baby that is born following a miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death or infant loss. They are known as rainbow babies because, in nature, a rainbow follows a storm and traditionally is a symbol of peace and hope.

There is an incredibly sad video that I watched during work experience, and I had to go to the toilets to make sure that it wasn't too obvious that I was crying. The link is here.

In researching further, I also discovered the term 'sunshine baby'. This refers to a baby who is born before early loss of the next child. Just as a rainbow represents the hope after the storm, the sunshine represents the calm before the storm.

And, possibly the saddest term, a child who dies is often referred to as an 'angel baby'.  Even if you don't believe in any form of Heaven, I feel that this term offers some form of comfort for the devastated parents. (Of course, I have never lost a child, and so I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of losing a child)


I feel that there seems to be a story idea somewhere in here...and I can feel my head starting to whizz with ideas. Perhaps I may write something and post it on Wattpad- I'll be sure to notify you guys in a post if I ever do. ☺️

Have a lovely week, and keep on enjoying life as best you can!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?