Cue the Music, Cue the Streamers

Hello: this is the (perhaps) long-awaited Holiday post!

Cue the music and the streamers.

Anyway, what I did was note down something for each day that we were out in Spain. It's actually a pretty cool exercise to do, as it makes you remember more about your day, and try to think of something vaguely interesting/funny to talk about.

Day One- I had a (tiny) extensional crisis: the thought that there are all these people just a plane journey away that have a completely different language and culture and space is insane. Also, I met a girl called Lara on the plane, which was pretty cool.

Day Two- I love cats (there were so many tiny ones running around at the villa) and the greatest simile of all time is thus: the car ate up the road like spaghetti (A Clockwork Orange).

Day Three- why is there so much graffiti everywhere? I mean, there is a lot in England, yes, but there is a lot more in Spain.

Day Four- I seriously hate Maths sometimes (trying to do 3D Trigonometry in 30 degree heat when there is a swimming pool right there is hard).

Day Five- I'm so glad that the whole promposal thing isn't a thing in the UK. Also, I actually love tea and I've decided that my ideal birthday present would just be a load of Twinings tea (including everyday stuff like English Breakfast and Earl Grey but also more unusual stuff like Moroccan Mint and Chai (which I realise is the word for tea in Hindi- welcome to the wonderful world of naming things))

Day Six- I hope that all Year 11's did well :)

Day Seven- being travel sick really hinders the joy of a holiday

Day Eight- when hot water isn't available, you really miss it :\

Day Nine- setting up a Facebook page to advertise your book is really exciting, although it reminds me how close I am to being a published author and that's slightly terrifying (check it out here)

Day Ten- I'm listening to Bon Jovi in the car and the lyrics really confuse me sometimes. Why is everyone obsessed with making love in the backseat of a car (or various other versions of this)? Surely it is very uncomfortable?? I don't understand???

Day Eleven-  I keep writing Spanish as Spainish. Never let it be said that I'm good at English.

Day Twelve- listening to a robotic voice read out my novel makes me doubt if it is actually interesting (this is a legitimate worry of mine, that my novel is boring).

Day Thirteen- how am I cold in Spain?

Day Fourteen- words of wisdom: all things must come to an end, all the good things, all the bad things.

Day Fifteen- Wow, I'm so happy to be back home. But I really hate airports.

And that concludes this long-awaited post! Post any funny moments from your own holidays in the Comment section below, and please don't forget to subscribe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?