Why Do We Celebrate Bonfire Night (The Truth is a Strange Thing)

Happy burning Catholics day!

I'm joking, of course. But, don't you think it's a bit weird that we still light fireworks and 'celebrate' the King nearly getting blown up by a group of desperate Catholics?

It's an incredibly bizarre celebration, if you think about it too much. This is what Google says: On the very night that the Gunpowder Plot was foiled, on November 5th, 1605, bonfires were set alight to celebrate the safety of the King. Since then, November 5th has become known as Bonfire Night. The event is commemorated every year with fireworks and burning effigies of Guy Fawkes on a bonfire.

...yay?

Ignoring this, I have a reminder for those of you who have cats/other pets, to do with fireworks. And because I love pusheen cartoons, here's one for you:

Look after your pets (and younger siblings I guess) when it gets too noisy!

In other news, I played Junk Art on Saturday! If you've never played it, I urge you to because it is the funniest, most stressful game you'll ever play (and I have played both Monopoly and Sorry!).

Why did I play it?

We had a CU 'party' on Saturday evening, with lots of pizza and bad music (because SOMEONE played Top Pop), and also played Junk Art.

I won, of course.

NaNoWriMo is going pretty well (although I haven't actually updated Tiger Cub yet...oops?). Remember to check it out on Wattpad (find it here).

There's not really anything else to say, apart from I hope you have a good Bonfire Night.

And I also now really want to eat Ginger Cake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?