Another Google Doodle with Ducks

Happy Father's Day!

Dad- you are quite funny I suppose, nevermind what my card to you said. And, of course, thanks for helping Mum to raise me as you have done an amazing job (not so much with my sisters though...)

And as I said with my Mothering Sunday post (find it here), there are other 'dads' out there than just your biological one. I have my dad, then my two granddads, plus loads of people from church (one of which tags me in posts on Facebook which never fails to make me smile) and uncles who make fun of me more than my sisters do.

Again, it's perfectly okay to have other people whom you celebrate on father's day.

So, I thought that I'd look for some lists of gift ideas and make fun of think about them in an incredibly thoughtful manner.

Like a book that collects together the world's (apparently) greatest dad jokes (that my own dad does not need, ever- he already has a tin of dad jokes).

I did find a personalised watch stand, which was a bit weird because who's dad has more than one watch? I swear my dad's had his watch for more years than I've been alive for.

Also a very random 'bacon crate'- look it up, it's seriously a thing. Apparently, you can always rely on bacon.

Oh, and there was this cat 'gnome' that was just a cat eating gnomes...while my cats would probably do this, what with the number of mice they bring in, it seems a bit odd?

One idea was quite nice- custom decorated socks, which would be good as my dad can't seem to be able to tell the difference between various socks, but the picture next to the description was horrifying. Who would want pictures of themselves on their socks?

Although that is, of course, better than the sandal socks I found. *shudders*

So what did I buy my wonderful father on this day for him? Nothing. But I did make him a very adorable card with a dinosaur on it (because he's old and walked the earth with the dinosaurs).

Nothing else really happened today. I've spent a long time sitting on the floor with papers spread around me, rather than sitting at my desk like a normal person.

I blame my dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?