I Write This Post As My Cat Tries To Sit On My Keyboard (I Will Not Let Her)

So I thought that I ought to write another post, as I haven't done so for 17 days. Crazy.

Last time I wrote a post nothing much had happened- now, Result's Day is just around the corner (on Thursday) and those who did A-Levels have received their grades (congratulations to those who did, by the way).

This is not a post about Result's Day, however. If I remember (I'll add it to my list) I'll write a post on Friday, so after I've read through my results and enrolled in whichever Sixth Form I end up choosing. See, people who are worried about Year 11 because it involves choosing a school? I haven't chosen yet!

Oh, and happy birthday to my friend, lovingly nicknamed 'Falafel'. We're going to be famous together when we're older, so I suppose I should start adding to the collection of stuff that proves we knew each other.

What is this post actually about? To be honest, there's not much, as this week will be my busiest week. I have a friend coming over today so that I can give her back her book (Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race- read it!). Then tomorrow there's a film morning/early afternoon with another friend, followed by a gathering/cooking session with most of my other friends.

I'm being sociable and all that- although spending almost 10 hours around people may end up being a little draining, so friends: if I lock myself in a bathroom for some time, don't worry too much, okay?

It seems that this post is about menial stuff that is happening in my life. If that's the case, then here is the news that my little sister is now watching 'Doctor Who', as per my and my other sisters pushing. She is, of course, enjoying it greatly.

Also, I had the house to myself for a few days because the rest of my family went on holiday (I did choose to be left alone, it's okay, they didn't just leave me) but I have managed to work out why I probably shouldn't ever live alone when I'm older. I do like having nobody around during the day, but I have watched too many episodes of 'Criminal Minds' to be not paranoid at night. Cats do not help this matter. I eventually just let Alexa play jazz music quietly in the background.

Another reason is that I cannot deal with spiders. Not without crying anyway. I really hate spiders. I dealt with mice (a present from the cats) and the dog throwing up everywhere (I'd rather deal with the mice) and one of the guinea pigs (that belong to my sister!) managing to escape from her outside cage.

Spiders are a completely different category, trust me.

My cat is now trying to sit on both me and my keyboard, so I'll sign off here with a quote from Season 4 of Criminal Minds, by Andre Maurois (in case you didn't know, they do a quote at the beginning and the end of each episode): "Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold."

(Remember, family doesn't end with blood.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?