The Ups And Downs Of A Rollercoaster (Happy GCSE Results Day)

So, Results Day. An emotional rollercoaster for me, not going to sugar coat it. The hardest part was trying to actually get through the amounts of paper so that I could see all my grades.

While all my grades were good and I was happy with them, there was one that I wasn't that happy with. I had been predicted a much higher grade as well, which didn't help. But my teacher was very helpful and found out the grade boundary so I'm going to get it remarked as I was only two marks off.

I guess that for anyone who is not completely happy or who needed a higher grade, just remember that there are other options. Before today, I'd get really annoyed when anyone said that, but it is true. There are things that I can do despite getting a lower grade (especially as it's something I wanted to study next year).

But there were also good things! My friends were (mostly) happy with their own grades, and it's always lovely to get excited for them. :) The teachers who were there were willing to talk/chat about grades. AND! I got the grade I needed in Maths!!

If you didn't know, I needed an 8 in Maths so that I could do the course I wanted to do next year. In all of my mocks, I never managed to get (what seemed) even close to an 8 and I honestly thought that I wouldn't get it. However, I put so much work into studying/revising and it obviously paid off! My Maths teacher was also amazing about it, sitting with me and going through questions and telling me that I could get the grade (even though I didn't believe her).

So that was great. And I also passed Add Maths, surprisingly. I did no revision for this exam, you must understand, because it isn't an actual GCSE. But I still passed it. I am happy about this as well.

I hope that those of you who have received your results today can find good things, even though we have a tendency to focus on the bad things. I'm trying to, for instance, focus on my amazing maths grade rather than the lower-than-wanted history grade. However, I have had a little cry- although I feel like I would have done this anyway simply because this is the end.

Getting results, whilst not feeling like these are my actual GCSEs (still), is the end of Secondary School for real. There's an awards thing in October, but the next time I go to a school it will be my Sixth Form.

This is terrifying.

But they'll be more about that tomorrow. I was going to do a joint post about Results Day and Enrolment at Sixth Form, but this is now quite a long post and it's been quite lethargic to get out my feelings, so look out for a post tomorrow about enrolling. 

Congratulations, national class of 2019. We've done it. Take a breath, let yourself cry (of happiness, of sadness, or of both) and look forward to the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?