The Place Where Childhood Dies

It's always sad when your childhood dies, isn't it? Yesterday, we had our biannual (I think that's the word anyway) festival for our village. Last time, I stayed for the whole day: participating in the parade as a Guide, eating burgers and ice cream, listening to the music, and finally watching the fireworks.

This year, however, I participated in the parade (unwillingly, trust me) then went home. Despite there being something so wonderful about the family feel of a village collecting together to listen to some good music in the dark (maybe it's something to do with history and the thought of having to rely on your neighbours), I didn't want to be there for long in the heat and the noise (and I also saw loads of people that I know from school- embarrassing!☺️).

So I was pretty boring and watched the Tour de France with my dad (as we do every year- those of you who also watched it, what the hell happened?? All the good riders were involved in crashes IN THE FIRST STAGE?). Then in the evening, we had curry before I watched a couple of episodes of Lucifer with my sisters.

I did go back to help at the Girlguiding Swavesey stall, and then stayed for a bit because one of my amazing friends (who is the singer in a band (she was flipping awesome!!!)) was singing on the stage. So I had to, of course, stay and watch her.

Perfect.

Although it is sad that what I used to enjoy as a child, I do not enjoy so much anymore. It just reminds me that I'm going up and there's nothing that I can do to stop it. In fact, the thought that the next Festival will be in two years time, when I'll have done my GCSE's and finished my first year of Sixth Form, is terrifying.

Anyway, other news?

On Friday, I cooked pizza (our family tradition for Friday nights) and I used Hearts of Palm (which I still don't know why or how or what) as a topping. That was... interesting.

I spent a day at work (experience) watching YouTube videos and categorising them as 'Safe' or 'Unsafe'. YouTube is a weird place.

Also, even though I don't watch football, congrats to England for reaching the semi-finals! (The only interest that I have in the world cup is purely historical- strangely, I know the year that we won (1966) off the top of my head).

I've done some more research today on self-publishing books, and I think that I know how I'm going to do it (on Amazon). It's pretty exciting, although scary, but I actually need to finish editing my novel! I've done quite a bit today, but most of it was writing more rather than editing, so it could be another couple of months (yay).

I'm never really sure how to end my blog posts?? It always just seems so random, like bye! Okay then.

So, I'm going to leave you with a quote again, this time from Jesus (because even though I said that I wouldn't be too 'preachy', it is Sunday and I think that everyone should live by this rule): "Love your neighbour as yourself".

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carers Week

Steam trains move slowly but surely

Do You Think That Dragons Would Like Campervans?